Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gazebo to Greenhouse: Roofing

The roof of the greenhouse is made of Solexx XP paneling.  Note, the roof elevator frame is removed.  This is a piece of metal framing on some gazebos that allows dual layer canvas roofing that provides air venting.  With this removed the roof frame is a single level, though I had 4 protrusions from the elevator frame.  I tried turning one of the original roof frames upside down so the protrusions wouldn't get in the way of the paneling, but the frame is not suited for that.  I got one to work, and just left it.

The paneling is cut to appropriate lengths and then placed on top of the metal frame roof.  Some geometric planning, and careful measurement is required here for a minimally seamed solution.  I allowed for spaces between my seams and covered them with pool covering insulation.  The XP panels I used are dual pane with an air insulator pocket in between. These are stiff enough that they can be attached to the metal greenhouse frame with zip ties.

The insulation I used for the seams proved to not be very UV resistant, so I am updating the seams with the UV greenhouse plastic used for the upper walls.




Other posts in this series:
Pictures More Pictures
Start
Insulating and Doorway
Upper Walls
Door
Roofing

4 comments:

Diana Schmid said...

Your article has piqued a lot of positive interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting. check here

Logan L Watson said...

Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. flat roofing scunthorpe

Van Sprewell said...

This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. roofing repair indianapolis

Logan L Watson said...

Excellent information on your blog, thank you for taking the time to share with us. Amazing insight you have on this, it's nice to find a website that details so much information about different artists. JM Roofing